Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

I liked the policies and philosophies of DMK party-Actress Khushboo


The Punjab-born Khushboo, a Pathan by birth, migrated to Tamil Nadu in the mid-eighties to make a career in films and debuted in Rajnikanth’s superhit film ‘Dharmathil Thalaivan’ in 1988 opposite Prabhu in a small role. She then went on to hold centre-stage in Tamil films for the next ten years, during when she acted in close to 100 movies and against all the top heroes including Rajnikanth, Kamal Haasan and Sathyaraj, more than once.


After dropping a bombshell last Friday by formally joining the DMK in the presence of chief minister Karunanidhi, Khushboo was taken off the game show ‘Jackpot’, which she had been hosting successfully for the past 8-9 years on Jaya TV. After formally becoming a DMK volunteer, the actress said that she found the DMK as a party which encouraged all its members to ‘speak freely’ on all matters of regional and national interest.

“For a long time, I wanted to join DMK in Kalaignar’s presence and today I realized it. I liked the policies and philosophies of the party and that’s why I’m here. Acting is my profession and I’d continue to do so in small-screen as well as in films. I would involve myself fully in party’s developmental activities. In the past, I only said that I had a liking for Congress party; nowhere did I say that I’d be joining the party,” said Khushboo.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Subscribe Us

Close Menu